You know I don’t do tags often but when I learned that this was a ‘skincare’ tag — a green beauty skincare tag at that… well, well. No self-respecting skincare fanatic like me will pass this up, lazy or not. So here you go. From my favorite skincare product to my top 5 skincare tips, I tried to get everything covered.
Describe your skincare routine in 5 words.
Age complicates my skincare routine.
I realized that my skin becomes more ‘confused’, moody and greedy with age. Not only do I have to deal with the occasional breakout, I also have to worry about anti-aging, too. My skincare routine, which was pretty much non-existent about a decade ago, can now be compiled in a handbook.
What’s your skin type?
My skin is starting to show all the sun damage I accumulated during my younger years. I’m prone to pigmentations, uneven skin tone, ‘lack of glow’ and fine lines. I also suffer from occasional breakouts, especially when I over-indulge in unhealthy food or get stressed out at work.
What’s your favorite skincare product?
Virgin Coconut Oil – its simplicity makes it an all-around product. Whenever I’m too lazy, which happens quite often, I just apply VCO all over.
Top Blemish Zapper?
I don’t have a full-proof blemish zapper right now. Usually, when I feel that a pimple’s about to happen, I just start drinking lots of water and praying hard that it doesn’t surface. For pimples that aren’t deep, I just dab plain Lavender Essential oil which, frankly, is a hit-or-miss.
Face Wipes —Yay or Nay?
I guess if I were stuck in a cave or on an island for 3 days, anything would be better than nothing. But since I’m safely in the comforts of my home with my army of facial wash bottles from different brands, I’d skip the wipes.
Toner — Yay or Nay?
My skin won’t crumple and fall off without it but it definitely feels happier when I use a good toner.
High-end skincare or high-end makeup?
Skincare all the way.
What’s the most unusual skincare product you’ve tried?
Nothing unusual, really. Except that I almost applied my first period blood on my face. Don’t judge. Okay, that’s not a skincare product but my grandmother claimed it was going to give me pimple-free skin for the rest of my life!
You’re in a pharmacy and you can only pick one item, what would it be?
Pharmacies here in Singapore don’t sell Virgin Coconut Oil which would have been my top pick so I guess I’m going with Vit C. My skin reacts really well to Vit C taken orally and applied topically on the skin. I could crush the Vit C tablets or split the capsules and mix the powder with a bit of distilled water. Voila! I’ve got a wonderful face mask!
What are your Top Skincare Tips?
1. Eat Clean, Drink Clean – Think of your body as a clear glass filled with water. If the water is muddy, murky or has a lot of dirt in it, you don’t get to appreciate how glossy and shiny the glass is. The same thing applies to your skin. I always start my day with a tall glass of green smoothie or lemon water.
2. Listen to your skin and not to fads – As a beauty blogger, I’m very guilty of this. I’m always tempted to try this and that brand and sometimes forget that the most important thing is what works for my skin. If what you’re doing works for you, stick with it.
3. Sleep – No amount of makeup and skincare products can mask the effects of lack of sleep.
4. Vit C is awesome – Vit C is one of those vitamins that work both from the inside and on the outside. Overall, it helps boost skin’s collagen levels, repairs and protects the skin from sun damage. If you want that ‘glow’, follow #1 and make Vit C your friend.
5. Protect your skin from the sun – If I knew that my skin was not going to be 15 years old forever, I wouldn’t have sun-baked myself when I was younger. Now, I’ll never be caught dead walking outside without sunscreen especially under Singapore’s harsh sun.
There you go! Do we have similar or different skincare ‘philosophies’?
Thanks, Alex for the tag. This got me rolling! I’m not sure who hasn’t been tagged yet so I’m just going to go ahead and drop names— Swati, Lynn, Caitie, Mary and anyone else who’d love to share their own skincare bits and tips, you’re up next!
Never miss a post and see what else is up! Follow me via
| Email | Facebook | Twitter | Feeds| Bloglovin | Pinterest |
Sharing is Caring.