Before I share with you my skincare routine, let me give you a short intro on how my skin is like. I’ve got combination skin which is prone to dehydration, fine lines and hard, deep oil beads on the nose area. Last year, I suffered from a bad case of acne which left me with post-acne pigmentations and that’s what I’m trying to solve this year. Once in a while, I still experience some minor breakout on my T-Zone but it’s very manageable as long as don’t eat too much beef. My skincare routine varies on some days since I test some products for my blog but on most days, here’s how it goes. You can click on the product links to view my previous reviews :
1. CLEANSE: I use half a dime-sized amount of GoW Jen’s Green Tea Shea Cleanser to wash any excess oil accumulated overnight.
2. REPAIR: While my skin is still moist, I apply Garden of Wisdom’s Pomegranate Anti-Aging Serum. Then I’ll usually go about the rest of my morning routine like dressing up and applying body lotion before proceeding to the next steps of my skincare routine.
3. TREAT: Talika Light Duo (Whitening Light). When I’m rushing, I usually just treat my dark circles or skip this step altogether.
4. EYE CARE: I’ll do one light spritz of Botani Soothing Facial Mist on both eyes just to hydrate and prepare the skin. Then I apply Skin Apotheke Rejuvenating Eye Creme and do some eye massage if I have enough time. Otherwise, I just do 2-3 rounds of finger-tapping massage around my eye area to help my skin absorb the cream.
5. HYDRATE: I spray 4-5 pumps of Botani Soothing Facial Mist all over my face and neck and…
6. REPLENISH: …hurriedly spread about a drop of Marie Veronique Organics Anti-Aging Oil on my face and 2-3 drops on my neck and decollete areas. I wipe the excess oil on my shoulders.
7. PROTECT: On most days, I use MVO Moisturizing Face Screen in Light Tint. This is another Holy Grail item for me.
Although I still have a semi-regular routine at night, this is where my product choices become a tad complicated. I usually rotate my serums based on what my skin needs and I’ll explain that on my “Special Care” later.
1. CLEANSE: I use about a dime-size of GoW Jen’s Green Tea Shea Cleanser to remove any remaining sunscreen and dirt on my face.
2. TREAT: I do the full treatment of Talika Light Duo, both the Green Light (Whitening Light) and Red Light(Anti-Aging). I can’t do this often since I’m usually too tired at night.
3. REPAIR: Before applying any of my serums, I lightly mist my face with Botani Soothing Facial Mist. My current regular night serums are MVO Lightening Serum or GoW Chock-full of Vitamins Serum. I alternate the two although I use GoW on most days. About 4 times a week, I mix my serums with MVO Skin Lightening Supplement or plain Vit C powder (superb!).
4. EYE CARE: I use Skin Apotheke Rejuvenating Eye Creme again.
5. HYDRATE: I spread a dollop of Living Nature Hydrating Toning Gel on my face and my neck.
6. REPLENISH: While the gel is still watery, I apply MVO Anti-Aging Oil on my face and my neck.
7. LIP CARE: I can’t go without lip balms at night. Currently, I’m pretty happy with Mukti Macadamia and Honey Lip Balm which I mentioned in my 2012 Valentine’s Day Must-Haves.
I think one of the most important rules in perfecting our skincare routine is to know how to read and listen to our skin. It’s not just about “routines” and perfect schedules. Sometimes, our skin has special needs and when you’ve observed your skin long enough to know how it reacts to changes in weather, your level of stress and your monthly cycle, it becomes easier for you to know what your skin craves for at any given time.
As mentioned above, my morning skincare routine rarely changes. But about 3x a week or when I feel my skin is experiencing some congestion, I apply GoW Some Kind of Wonderful Detox on the problem areas, usually my T-zone.
About once a week to every two weeks, I exfoliate manually using Cure Aqua Gel.
Whenever possible, I apply a DIY facial mask based on what I feel my skin needs. I would usually do the simple Rhassoul Clay + Honey mask or just overdose my skin with Vit C powder.
Never miss a post and see what else is up! Follow me via
| Email | Facebook | Twitter | Feeds| Bloglovin | Pinterest |
Sharing is Caring.