Do you dream of giving your hot date a lasting sweet impression of your first kiss together? Or do you simply just want to give your dry lips a luxuriously sweet treat? Whatever your reasons are to wanting soft and kissable lips–even if it’s wanting to secretly do the Jolie pout in front of your bathroom mirror– why not try this simple homemade honey lip mask trick by the celebrated Japanese beauty expert, Chizu Saeki?
Honey is a perfect natural treatment for dry, chapped lips because it doesn’t just moisturizer, it heals, as well. Be careful with using raw honey, though, as they can cause irritation for some people. Currently, aside from using a lip balm nightly with honey as one of the main ingredients, I’ve also been giving my lips an easy to do honey mask treatment whenever possible. I’m actually doing it now as I type this post!
How to Do the Lip Mask
This doesn’t have anything to do with how effective the lip mask would turn out to be — but I suggest that you brush your teeth first before doing this mask so you won’t just have lucious lips, you’ll have fresh breath, too!
You Will Need:
- A small spatula/ spoon
- Close wraps or any thin, stretchy plastic material
1) Make sure to wash your lips (and brush your teeth!) so you don’t mix any part of your last meal with your lip mask.
2) Using the spatula or back of a spoon, apply a generous amount of honey on your lips.
3) Prepare a piece of close wrap that’s big enough to cover your lips then carefully place it on your puckers. The plastic will help seal in all the goodness of the honey.
4) Leave the mask on for 15 minutes. Afterwards, remove the plastic and wipe the extra honey from your lips.
5) Unless it really makes you uncomfortable, you don’t need to rinse your lips with water. The remaining honey on your lips will feel like a light layer of lip balm.
6) Apply your regular lip balm to seal in all the goodness. Tadaa! You now have super soft and literally sweet-tasting lips!
Aren’t you Licking your Lips Yet?
Even if you don’t have a romantic date kiss to prepare for, you can try doing this lip mask just for fun. Then please come back and share with us how this honey trick works out for you…or you can also share us your honeylicious kiss story!
Never miss a post and see what else is up! Follow me via
| Email | Facebook | Twitter | Feeds| Bloglovin | Pinterest |
Sharing is Caring.